Our products are made from solid and veneered natural materials and as such do need to be treated with a level of aftercare.
We understand that your Kitchen Makers kitchen is a considered purchase and an investment you’ll want to enjoy for years to come. That’s why it’s important to know how to care for it. Everything in the Kitchen Makers collection is crafted with longevity in mind.
All of our painted furniture is constructed from solid European Ash or engineered wood covered with real wood veneers. The materials are specified for their suitability, reliance and consistency. We use environmentally friendly paint that’s tough and long-lasting, so you’ll find it easy to maintain over the years.
Our oak veneered plywood cabinets and solid timber drawer boxes are finished with a protective water-based clear lacquer for a lustrous and durable surface finish.
Here are a few simple tips on how to make your kitchen last as long as it is designed to:
Guide To Cleaning Your Kitchen
- Dust regularly with a clean dry cloth.
- Wipe up any spills immediately with a damp cloth and then dry the surface with a clean dry duster.
- Remove stubborn stains with a weak washing up liquid solution and a damp cloth and dry after with a clean cloth.
- The use of furniture polish or spray is not necessary or recommended.
- Never use abrasive or corrosive cleaning agents.
- Ensure your kitchen is being installed into a building which is first dry, well ventilated and adequately heated.
- We advise caution against positioning kettles and toasters in locations where the heat or steam they omit, over a period of time, may damage painted timber products.
- Never interrupt a dishwasher’s cycle and wait for the appliance to cool down before opening the door; allowing time for the steam to dissipate.
- When cooking and washing try to ensure there is adequate ventilation. Excessive changes in temperature and humidity should be avoided as much as possible.